wallenpaupack lake estates, 1005 wallenpaupack drive, lake ariel, pa 18436 \ tel: 570-689-4721 \ fax: 570-689-0912 \ e-mail: wlemail@wleonline.org
© WLE Online Web Site 
WALLENPAUPACK LAKE ESTATES PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION 
RECREATION COMMITTEE MINUTES

The meeting of the WLE POA Recreation Committee was called to order by Tri Chair Frank Carrotozzolo at 10:05 a.m. December 14, 2019.  Twenty-four members were present. All rose for the Pledge of Allegiance. 

The minutes of the previous meeting had been e-mailed to committee members prior to the meeting to help save time and paper.  Frank asked if there were any changes or additions.  There being no corrections, Diane Mula made a motion to accept the minutes as presented, seconded by Jay Rivera.  Motion passed by raise of hands.
Frank read the Treasurer's Report.  Balance forwarded in the General Ledger at the end of October was $20,778.32.  Receipts were $728.83; expenses $2,451.82.  At November 30th, our amounts are $19,055.33 in checking and CD $5,045.98 for a total of $24,101.31. Terry Cucciniello made a motion to accept Treasurer's Report, seconded by Mike McGregor, report accepted by show of hands.
Old Business:
Peggy Kostyshyn reported that the Pre-Holiday Party was excellent.  She thanked all her help with a special thank you to Eileen McGregor and Jeri Marshall.  One hundred six people attended and a profit of $167.66 was realized.

Lunch with Santa - Patryce Mongalieri was not present at meeting.  It was reported that over 100 people participated.  Chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese were served.
Tree Lighting - Our tree at the Main Gate was lit December 7 while children participated in carol singing. Immediately following, hot chocolate and cookies were served in the Main Clubhouse.   Lonnie and Casandra Galovic chaired with Joe Mongalieri.                                                                     
New Business:
Ana Tavoline has made arrangements for Santa's arrival on a Fire truck.  Hopefully, three vehicles will arrive at our Fire Station at 6:00 p.m. Saturday, December 21.  Refreshments will follow at Kasper Lodge.
Frank C had a question about Zumba Gold Class.  Carol Rivera attends and said class is going well and being enjoyed by participants.  She did say that group prefers the Main Clubhouse to Beaver Lodge and would prefer class start after walking class M,W,F.  Some discussion followed about use of amenities.
Resident Danielle Frederick is new to our committee.  She attended meeting to "learn what is going on".  Much discussion about information that exists, methods of getting the "word out".
New Year's Eve - Carol Rivera reported that 82 people have purchased tickets for New Year's Eve.  Today is the deadline.  She does not want to extend deadline nor allow entry at the door.  She did contact DJ who said he did not get deposit.  He will accept full payment at event.  He has a new address.
Budget approval -Each committee member in receipt of proposed budget.  Floor open for discussion.
"    Bob Kaminski requested that Committee pay for pizza once a month for Game group.  He/Jay has gotten a good deal working with Rolly's Pizza. 
"    Marshall Perez announced he and Jeri will not be able to chair Kentucky Derby.
"    Terry Cuccinniello commented on income from Texas Hold'Em.
"    Frank proposed Committee buy "t" shirts to identify volunteers.  A motion was made to purchase shirts.  Vote of raised hands was taken; the membership did not approve.
Upcoming Events:

"    Pot Luck and Game Night:  January 11, 2020 at the Main Clubhouse, adults only.  Hours:  6-9:00, $1.00 per person tickets on sale at office, BYOB.
"    Dinner and a Movie - January 18, 2020 at Main Clubhouse, 5:00 p.m.; $10.00 per person, tickets available at office.  Dinner will be Roast Beef.  Cutoff date January 13 or when 75 tickets sold.
"    Super Bowl Party - February 2, 2020, 5:30 - 10:00 p.m. in the Main Clubhouse. $15.00 per person, food served.  Cutoff date January 27, 2020.  Tickets available in office.
Danielle Frederick suggested babysitting be provided on the evenings of adult events.  Discussion followed about PA's requirements for drug testing and background checks on anyone working with children. 
Discussion of holding movie nights for children/teens…similar to Movies in the Park.  Danielle willing to help.  She and Frank to discuss after meeting.
Wacky Winter Weekend - will be held Saturday, February 15 through Monday, February 17.  Included will be:
-    Sled building in Beaver Lodge on Saturday, race on Sunday
-    Bonfire Saturday evening at Deer Lake
-    Family Bingo on Sunday
-    Ice Cream Social - needs chair
-    Brunch - needs chair
Frank C will do sleds, Marge K will chair Bingo and Terry C will chair Bonfire.
Frank advised that event chairs submit article for newspaper's summer edition before the end of this year.  Should details not be available, event can still be included "with details to follow".
Resident Lonnie Gelovic raised some questions about use of clubhouse kitchen.  After setting up for cookies following Tree Lighting, he wondered if schematic was available for clubhouse.  Frank informed him that he has copies of all previous events which can be used by "new" chair person.  Also offered the help of the tri-chairs for event.
Eileen McGregor reviewed kitchen procedure for everyone's benefit.  She represents the POA and needs to inspect location BEFORE and AFTER every event.
Frank C wondered if Terry C was able to edit "Event Packet".  She is still working on it; trying to get an old copy from the office.
Jay Rivera announced that there would be an Ambassadors meeting Tuesday, December 17, 6:30 in Adult Lodge.
Breakfast Wednesdays started in the Adult Lodge.  Chairs:  Mark and Cathy Brunie.  Mark asked for a new coffee pot ($125).  Some discussion as to whether it be a Recreation purchase or an association purchase.  Al Cuccinniello will take request to Board.
Jay R threw out the idea of his chairing a Steampunk Masquerade sometime this summer.  The end of June might be a good time.
Al Kenny made a motion that we vote on the proposed budget.  All were in favor of accepting budget as "tweaked".
There being no further business to come before the meeting, Peggy K made a motion to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Diane Mula and carried by a raise of hands.  Meeting adjourned at 11:55 p.m.
Respectively submitted,

Gwenn Phillips
Secretary







Recycling will resume every saturday 9am-12pm starting 5/30/20    Office re-opening schedule   Hiking Trails are open with social distancing practiced click for map  Marina is Open    5/18/20 Notice for Yellow Phase w/guidelines    Mask update from Gov. Wolf    White House: Leaving New York? Quarantine for 14 days    WLE Admin Office NOTICE    Laundromat Notice    Coronavirus & WLE   COVID-19  3-21-20 NOTICE